Photos

Details

51 of 53

Japan

Mikasa is a pre-dreadnought battleship built for the Imperial Japanese Navy in the late 1890s. The ship served as the flagship of Vice Admiral Togo Heihachiro (the statue in the foreground) throughout the Russo-Japanese War of 1904–1905, including the Battle of Tsushima. She has been partially restored and is now a museum ship located at Mikasa Park in Yokosuka. Mikasa is the last remaining example of a pre-dreadnought battleship anywhere in the world.