6 of 23
jpg [122 kB, 1200 x 894]
The Spanish first constructed a lighthouse on Corregidor in 1836, then rebuilt it in 1853 on the highest point of the island. The lighthouse was destroyed during the World War II battle, but reconstructed after the war.
Factbook photos—obtained from a variety of sources—are in the public domain and are copyright free.