Document Type: 
Document Number (FOIA) /ESDN (CREST): 
Release Decision: 
Original Classification: 
Document Page Count: 
Document Creation Date: 
November 17, 2016
Document Release Date: 
August 24, 2000
Sequence Number: 
Case Number: 
Publication Date: 
November 5, 1958
Content Type: 
PDF icon CIA-RDP76-00183R000300020107-3.pdf67.55 KB
Approved For Release-2000/09/08 CIA-RDP76-00183RA00300020107-3 DD/S 25X1A 1. At the Deputies' Meeting: 5 November 1958 a. The Director approved of providing the conduit, panel boxes and addi- tional air conditioning in our new building to accommodate a DD/I restricted area telephone system. Jim Garrison has been advised. This assumes that we will find funds in some other way to provide for some $335,000 worth of equipment. 25X1 A9a b. The Director approved of taking certain staff members of the Senate and House Armed Services and Appropriations Committees tcbut em- 25X1A6a phasized his desire that we should make one trip for all of them and not one for each group. is coordinating this and the trip is now planned for 1 December. c. We discussed at some length whether or not to continue the Monthly Senior Staff Meeting and, if so, how this period should be used. The Director indicated that while he thought the presentations which we had made, i. e. , the "Honor and Suggestion Awards Program, " the "Credit Union" and the "Language Program" had been good, he felt that they could be more properly made at the Staff Meetings which each Deputy Director conducted rather than at the Senior Staff Meeting. He decided to continue the Senior Staff Meetings and asked each of us to submit suggestions as to how they might be made more useful. He also agreed to meet with the Staff of each Deputy Director once each quarter in order to discuss personally with that group those things on which they would like to hear his views. (At my Staff Meeting I requested that each Staff Chief and Office Head submit to me within two weeks their suggestions for the Senior Staff Meeting as well as suggestions for our own quarterly meeting with the Director.) 25X1A9a 2. advised me that he and the Director were going to see Mr. Stans, Director, Bureau of the Budget, probabl on Frida to discuss a Project which might mean the withdrawal from the Reserve 25X1 Al a 25X1A9a 3. needled me about the possible assignment of (As of now we have suggested to him two candidates who are already in We gency; one is 25X1A9 25X1A9a 25X1A9a 4. also talked to me about the possibility of using as a 25X1A9a . I told him that I would also like to see if we 25X1A2d2 didn't have someone in the Agency to suggest for this position. He agreed to wait until I had had a chance to look into this. Approved For Release 2000/09/08 CIA-RDP76-00183R000300020107-3 LKW:ecb