To request accommodations at any time, you can either:
- Call our Ability Talent Broker at 866-237-7221.
- Or, work with your Recruitment Center Point of Contact to make your request. Then, a professional from our Agency’s Reasonable Accommodations Staff will contact you.
Our Ability Talent Broker and Reasonable Accommodations Staff are happy to work with you to discuss your needs. They can also answer questions or address any concerns you may have.
Types of Accommodations
A reasonable accommodation is a modification to a job-related process, recruitment-related process, the work environment, or the manner or circumstances under which the job is customarily performed that enables a qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential job functions, or to enjoy benefits and privileges of employment.
Accommodations vary depending on the nature of the job and each individual’s unique needs. That’s why we handle accommodation requests on a case-by-case basis. We are an inclusive organization and it is our goal to ensure everyone can enjoy equal employment opportunities.
Examples of Accommodations and Services We Provide
- Sign language interpreters
- Modifications to hiring process testing
- Modifications to a facility, office, or conference room for accessibility purposes
- Assistive technology software—such as Text to Speech, Screen Readers, ZoomText, Video Relay System, and others
- Flexible work schedule options
- Human readers
- Personal care assistants
Disclosing a Disability
Whether you choose to disclose your disability at any point is entirely up to you. Legally, you are not obligated to disclose this information. However, choosing to disclose will allow a professional from our Reasonable Accommodations Staff to assist with the specified accommodation throughout all phases of the hiring process.
Please note we keep all information pertaining to your disability confidential. The information is not released to the public or selection officials.