<style type="text/css"> .no-show { display: none; } .disable-fade-in{ opacity: 1 !important; transform: none !important; visibility: visible !important; } </style>

Report Information

People from all over the world share information with the CIA daily. If you have information you think might help us and our foreign intelligence collection mission, there are many ways to reach us.

Reporting Imminent Threats

Threats Inside the United States

If you know of an imminent, or urgent, threat to a location inside the United States, immediately contact your local law enforcement office or Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) field office. Keep in mind we do not engage in law enforcement.

Threats Outside the United States

If you know of an imminent threat to a location outside the United States, you can either:

  • Report this information online
  • Go to a U.S. Embassy or Consulate and ask that they pass this information to a U.S. official

What to Provide

If you feel it is safe, think about including these details in your message:

  • Your full name
  • Biographic details, like a photograph of yourself, and a copy of the biographic page of your passport
  • How you got the information you want to share with us
  • How to contact you, including your home address and phone number

CIA cannot guarantee a response to every message. We reply first to messages of most interest to us and to those with more detail. If we do respond to your message, we will do so using a secure method.

How to Report

The best method to contact us depends on your personal situation. We will work to protect all information you give to us, including your identity. Our interactions with you will be respectful and professional. Depending on what you provide, we may offer you compensation.


To report online, select the Report Information button at the top of this page.

Tor Browser

We go to great lengths to keep these channels secure, but any communication sent using the internet involves some risk. You can reduce some risk by using the Tor browser, a virtual private network, and/or a device not registered to you.

You can access the Tor browser at ciadotgov4sjwlzihbbgxnqg3xiyrg7so2r2o3lt5wz5ypk4sxyjstad.onion.

By Mail

If you’re inside the United States, you can send mail to the following address:

Central Intelligence Agency
Office of Public Affairs
Washington, D.C. 20505

You can also mail a letter to a U.S. Embassy or Consulate and ask that they forward it to us. Please note we have no control over the security and reliability of postal mail.

In Person (Outside the United States)

If you’re outside the United States, you can go to a U.S. Embassy or Consulate and tell a U.S. official you have information for the CIA

Third Party

Have someone you trust travel to a less restrictive environment and deliver the information using one of the methods above.