Browse CIA Jobs
About the Job
As an Accountant for CIA, you will play an integral part in achieving and sustaining auditable financial statements and ensuring financial transactions across a wide range of activities are accurately calculated, recorded, and tracked. You will have the opportunity to work directly with customers, becoming the link between complex transactions and financially accurate documentation.
You will be an important partner in all financial occupations, as well as across the Agency and Intelligence Community, as you gain governmental accounting expertise and provide financial analysis of programs and business enterprises.
You will have the opportunity to compete for global positions after successfully completing your initial developmental program.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following:
- Business Administration
- Public Administration
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale preferred
- At least 24 semester credit hours of accounting coursework
- Demonstrated excellent:
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service
- Analytic and problem-solving abilities
- Team and independent work ethic
- Documented good credit history
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Knowledge or experience in the following functional disciplines:
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Financial and Federal Accounting Standards
- Cost Accounting Standards
- Managerial Accounting
- Financial analysis
- Experience in:
- Researching, analyzing and resolving complex accounting problems
- Preparing or reviewing Federal Financial Statements
- Developing or conducting internal controls reviews
- Interpreting and applying accounting policies and procedures
- Advanced degrees or professional certifications such as:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Certified Government Financial Manager
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- A cover letter specifying your qualifications. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.