Browse CIA Jobs
About the Job
As an Administrative Professional for CIA, you will fill critical positions, performing a variety of skilled and semi-skilled duties related to internal and external customer service ranging from routine to complex clerical, secretarial, enterprise, and administrative work. You will work in a fast-paced, challenging environment where your organizational skills and attention to details will help you handle a wide array of tasks.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential job function as listed below:
- Business skills – display a working knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Problem solving – gather and analyze information to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Customer service – satisfy customer needs by providing and delivering professional, helpful high-quality service and assistance
- Planning/Organizing – prioritize and plan work activities using realistic action plans
- Administrative support – directly support senior Agency leadership and other assigned management positions, including calendar management/scheduling of appointments
- Verbal/written communication skills – proofread/review correspondence for accuracy and completeness
- Technical skills – knowledge of technology/office equipment and willingness to learn new information systems and software; proficiency in the use of computer applications and MS Office Suite (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Accounting – expense tracking, billing/invoicing, tracking division requisitions, purchase orders
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- High School diploma or GED
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Prior experience in a customer service or administrative professional position or equivalent military experience
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor, practicing strict confidentiality for all sensitive information
- Promotes and practices the highest standards of personal and professional conduct
- Initiative and flexibility
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, at times working under pressure with competing priorities
- Ability to devise and implement improved office procedures as needed, while delivering outstanding customer service
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree
- Four (4) or more years of administrative/office experience
- Equivalent federal government or military experience
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- A cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.