All applicants must be:
- U.S. citizens (dual U.S. citizens also eligible)
- At least 18 years of age
- Willing to move to the Washington, DC area
- Able to complete security and medical evaluations
- Registered for the Selective Service
About the Job
As an Antennas and Propagation Engineer within CIA’s Directorate of Science and Technology (DS&T), you will apply your engineering or scientific expertise as an integral member of a technical team of innovative, expert problem solvers who deliver new solutions in support of CIA’s mission to collect foreign intelligence.
DS&T Antennas and Propagation Engineers combine specialized radio frequency (RF) propagation modeling, antenna design, fabrication, and measurement expertise to tackle tough intelligence challenges through unique and tailored engineering solutions.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
Read more about diversity and inclusion
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
Learn more about working at CIA.
- Electrical Engineering
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Broad technical understanding of the electrical and/or computer engineering fields
- Ability to learn new skills in pace with technological advances
- Adapting to fast paced, dynamic requirement environments
- Interpersonal, organizational, and planning skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Creative analytic and problem-solving
- Strong team and independent work ethic
- Systems engineering experience
- Knowledge or experience in the following functional disciplines:
- Systems engineering
- Prototype design and fabrication
- Radio-frequency propagation
- Antenna design
- Electromagnetic simulation
- Computational electromagnetics
- Familiarity with the following engineering tools and software:
- Logic and spectrum analyzers
- Ansys HFSS
- CST Studio Suite
- Ray Trace
- Near and Far Field Antenna Chambers
- Advanced degree, professional certification, or comparable work experience in:
- Electrical engineering
- RF communications and waveform design