Browse CIA Jobs
- Full time
- Starting salary: $64,137 - $134,798
- Bachelor's degree
The Central Intelligence Agency's online application system will be unavailable from 5PM EST July 8th through 7 AM EST August 2nd for maintenance and system enhancements. During this time, you will be able to browse for jobs and collect the documents required for your application (e.g., transcripts, writing samples, etc.). You will not be able to add jobs to your cart or complete the application process. We apologize for the inconvenience, but look forward to receiving your application when the site becomes available on August 2nd.
About the Job
As an Applications Developer for CIA, you will analyze, develop and deploy innovative information/software systems and capabilities to enhance the CIA’s capabilities to collect, produce, and disseminate intelligence. Utilizing your education and experience as a Computer Scientist, Software Engineer, or Web Designer and Publisher, you will directly support analysis, intelligence collection, and other business.
Applications Developers participate in team environments via structured development lifecycles: analyze and define local and/or enterprise information system requirements, perform system/application design, develop capability prototypes, develop and implement operational information systems, and conduct unit and integration testing of application modules. You also have the opportunity for hands-on research and exploration of leading-edge commercial technologies through application/integration of technology in delivering IT solutions.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Information Systems
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Big data concepts and technologies, such as: Apache Hadoop, Apache Hive, Solr, Cloudera, MapReduce, R, Spark, Kafka, NiFi, and the ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack
- DevOps concepts and tools, such as: GitHub, JIRA, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Docker, ELK stack, Nexus, Nagios
- Database platforms, such as: Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL, Mongo DB, HDFS
- Application architecture and systems engineering principles, including: n-tier/services-oriented architecture, application design patterns, Agile development with Scrum, Kanban, application security, developing system requirements, system design artifacts and models, design documentation and development using Amazon Web Services
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Familiarity with multiple hosting platforms, such as: Windows, Linux, VMware, Citrix, Amazon cloud computing platforms
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for one or more positions. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.