All applicants must be:
- U.S. citizens (dual U.S. citizens also eligible)
- At least 18 years of age
- Willing to move to the Washington, DC area
- Able to complete security and medical evaluations
- Registered for the Selective Service
About the Job
As an Artificial Intelligence Specialist for CIA, you will employ a wide range of AI techniques, to include deep learning and machine learning, multi-agent systems, expert systems, and mixed-initiative human-machine teaming to enable outstanding intelligent collection and the exploitation of data from our collection systems. Our AI solutions will improve the performance of our collection systems, enable faster, deeper, and better explained insights from collection. The solutions will ultimately boost the performance of our mission experts by enabling human – machine teaming and putting the right insights before the right experts algorithmically.
CIA’s collection systems offer specialized insights spanning a wide range of phenomena and types of data; the AI work occurs across the Agency with edge processing, core processing, and autonomous capabilities. You will be working with teams of world-class experts, both internal and external to CIA – in many cases you will be steering the work of large collaborative teams. Your work will be realized using advanced hardware, software, and computational platforms with an emphasis of highly scalable and efficient solutions to bring exploitation capabilities to production and bear insights on the nation’s most difficult national security challenges.
Problem solving is highly collaborative, you will be working with problem domain experts, data and collection experts, systems designers and integrators, and with analysts who interpret the insights you will be deriving. You will develop your expertise with both Agency-sponsored continuing education, academic and conference participation, and highly integrated on the job training with deep domain experts.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a quantitative science, engineering, or other STEM field.
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale
- Experience in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) related field, such as:
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Geospatial Analysis
- Operations Research
- Quantitative Finance
- Experience with applying AI techniques to real world data through thesis research, internships, or work experience.
- Good fundamental understanding of a range of AI techniques and ability to match techniques to problems.
- Leadership abilities
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Advanced degree in a data science or computational science equivalent field or sub-field
- Without previous work experience, a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale is strongly desired.
- Experience working with data rich problems through research or programs
- Experience with computer programming or user experience/user interface
- Ability to work across, and help guide, diverse teams including leveraging best commercial and industrial capability.
- Ability to successfully complete projects with large or incomplete data, to tackle problems of and provide solutions