Business Analytics Officer
About the Job
As a Business Analytics Officer (BAO) for the CIA, you will evaluate and exploit a wide range of digital business data to help the Agency best use resources to meet mission requirements. You will use strong critical thinking skills and a variety of analytic methods to generate insights from data and create a range of products that explain your findings.
BAOs engage with CIA business leaders to understand needs and create data-driven ideas to improve efficiency and add value to process, products, and services. BAOs develop knowledge of Agency activities to quickly and accurately combine relevant business data sets in novel ways to reduce uncertainty for Agency decision makers. BAOs clearly communicate their conclusions, often through interactive and visual means, to a diverse audience. They maintain expertise through Agency-sponsored continuing education, attendance at academic and technical conferences, as well as collaboration with the Intelligence Community.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in one of the following fields or related studies or experience:
- Business Analytics
- Business Information Systems / Management Information Systems
- Business Management / Business Administration
- Data Analysis
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale
- Demonstrated skill in at least one of the following areas:
- Data Analytics
- Data Processing
- Data Visualization
- Analytic Consulting
- Computer Programming
- Business Process Improvement
- Human-Centered Design
Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation.
- Experience using Business Analytics tools (Tableau, Cognos, SPSS, Power BI, Excel)
- Strong critical thinking and analytic skills
- Polished writing and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to successfully generate solutions with big or incomplete data
- Experience presenting data-driven insights to customers and colleagues
- Familiarity with databases. data structure, and Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Strong curiosity and willingness to take initiative
- Attention to detail
- Comfort working independently and on teams
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.
- Business Analytics Project Example (Include business problem being addressed, primary customer, and example of visualization or finished product)