Browse CIA Jobs
- Full time
- Starting salary: $70,150 - $134,782
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree
The Central Intelligence Agency's online application system will be unavailable from 5PM EST July 8th through 7 AM EST August 2nd for maintenance and system enhancements. During this time, you will be able to browse for jobs and collect the documents required for your application (e.g., transcripts, writing samples, etc.). You will not be able to add jobs to your cart or complete the application process. We apologize for the inconvenience, but look forward to receiving your application when the site becomes available on August 2nd.
About the Job
As a Contracting Officer for CIA, you will be part of a highly motivated team that provides critical support to U.S. national security. Working alongside Agency and other Intelligence Community colleagues, you will apply your business skills to diverse programs for technical collection systems, construction projects, information technology initiatives, and more.
At CIA, only the Contracting Officer is legally authorized to financially obligate the U.S. Government to acquire its products and services. Working in a team environment, you will learn and utilize innovative business practices to streamline the acquisition process and maximize resources. You will also negotiate and manage a wide variety of unique and complex contract types, such as fixed-price and cost-reimbursement contracts, to obtain the best value on behalf of the U.S. Government.
Contracting Officers are hired at various experience levels, from entry to full performance positions. You will be provided with progressively more on-the-job experiences and related training and development programs, enabling you to achieve your career goals while supporting mission needs.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Supply Chain Management
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Attention to administrative detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) guidelines and US Government contracting
- At least one of the following designations:
- Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM)
- Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM)
- Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM)
- Defense Acquisitions Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) certification
- Federal or military contracting experience
- Experience conducting a wide range of acquisition lifecycle activities, including:
- Acquisition planning
- Contract awarding and closeout activities
- Source selection
- Firm fixed-price contracts
- Cost and price analysis and negotiation experience
- Cost plus and cost reimbursement
- Advanced degree in Business, Public Administration or Law
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- A cover letter specifying your qualifications. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.