Browse CIA Jobs
Cyber Operations Officer
- Full time
- Starting salary: $64,137 - $134,798
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field or equivalent experience
- Opportunities for domestic and foreign travel are possible.
The Central Intelligence Agency's online application system will be unavailable from 5PM EST July 8th through 7 AM EST August 2nd for maintenance and system enhancements. During this time, you will be able to browse for jobs and collect the documents required for your application (e.g., transcripts, writing samples, etc.). You will not be able to add jobs to your cart or complete the application process. We apologize for the inconvenience, but look forward to receiving your application when the site becomes available on August 2nd.
About the Job
As a Cyber Operations Officers for the CIA, you will gather intelligence from adversary systems and networks using advanced tools, techniques, and tradecraft. Working in a fast-paced, challenging, and collaborative environment, Cyber Operations Officers utilize their cutting-edge knowledge of computer hardware, software, and networks to lead the future of the Agency’s intelligence mission.
Opportunities for domestic and foreign travel are possible.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field or equivalent experience
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale
- Creative problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Verbal and written communications skills (especially as applied to technical presentations and documentation)
- Ability to apply interpersonal skills to collaborative team environments
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a computer-related or networking-related field such as:
- Cyber Security/Information Security
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Network Engineering
- Information Systems
- Knowledge, experience, and/or professional certifications in one or more computer or networking technical areas such as:
- Information security tools and techniques: Network monitoring, Network mapping, Vulnerability scanning, Penetration testing
- Offensive information security
- Digital forensics and data recovery
- Operating systems – Windows, Linux/UNIX, mobile, and/or networking
- Voice/data communications (satellite, RF, wireless, and telecommunications networks)
- Network administration – security and engineering, networking equipment (routers/firewalls/switches)
- VPN administration
- Public key infrastructure and encryption systems
- Programming and scripting languages
- Command line tools
- Internet/web technologies – Email, Social networking and collaboration sites
- Knowledge and experience with industry computer and network security events such as:
- ethical hacking contests
- capture-the-flag exercises
- computer security conferences
- Knowledge and experience with tailoring Systems Engineering and/or Program Management concepts to small scale efforts
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for one or more positions. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.