Browse CIA Jobs
Cyber Threat Analyst
- Full time
- Starting salary: $58,070 - $159,286
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree
- Foreign language bonus eligible
- Opportunities for domestic travel are possible
There are currently no openings for this position. Please check back periodically as our hiring needs change.
About the Job
As a Cyber Threat Analyst at CIA, you will conduct all-source analysis, digital forensics, and targeting to identify, monitor, and counter threats posed by foreign cyber actors against US information systems, critical infrastructure, and cyber-related interests. Analysts will apply their scientific and technical knowledge to solve complex intelligence problems, produce short-term and long-term written assessments, and brief U.S. policymakers and the U.S. cyber defense community.
You will have the opportunity to maintain and broaden your professional ties throughout your career through academic study, collaboration with Intelligence Community peers, and attendance at professional meetings.
Opportunities exist for foreign and domestic travel, language training, and analytic tradecraft and management training. You will have an opportunity to develop deep substantive expertise and participate in broadening assignments with other offices in the Agency and across the U.S. Government.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in one of the following fields:
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Digital Forensics
- Cyber Security
- Information Assurances
- Security Studies
- A mix of international and technical studies
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale is preferred
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent analytic abilities and relevant experience
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving skills, and ability to think creatively
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Interest in international affairs
- Awareness of U.S. national security interests
- Foreign language proficiency
- Strong verbal presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, concise text
- Research experience in international affairs
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Interest in a career that requires regular writing assignments
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- A cover letter specifying your qualifications for one or more analytic positions. Please address why you want to work as an analyst and what differentiates you from other applicants.
- Two (2) different writing samples, three to five pages (3-5) each, single-spaced PDF. Submit papers that showcase your writing style, research abilities, and critical thinking skills. Subject matter should focus on your current areas of expertise that relate to your interest in positions at the CIA. You can excerpt longer papers.