Browse CIA Jobs
Data Analysis Officer
About the Job
As a Data Analysis Officer at CIA, you’ll utilize your understanding of digital capabilities to evaluate and analyze digital and all source intelligence information to identify key adversaries and assess how they operate and interact. Using strong critical thinking skills and a variety of digital analytic and/or forensics tools and methods, you will extract valuable information from digital data and create a range of products that explain your findings to inform operations, drive collection, and support customers.
Data Analysis Officers triage, review, and identify items of intelligence and operational interest from technical collections and other datasets. You will leverage advanced methods to analyze data sets and create and refine capabilities to exploit large data sets quickly and accurately.
Data Analysis Officers also identify and prioritize intelligence gaps, determine the appropriate collection actions needed, and drive the collection process.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields:
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Digital/Computer/Network Forensics
- Applied Mathematics
- Information Security/ Assurance
- Data Analysis/Analytics
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale is preferred
- Critical thinking skills
- Analytic and research skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Foreign language skills
- Ability to script/code
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- A cover letter specifying your qualifications for one or more analytic positions. Please address why you want to work as an analyst and what differentiates you from other applicants.
- Work Sample – a technical report or source code that showcases your technical and communication abilities is required for your application to be fully reviewed. Please submit in PDF format.