All applicants must be:
- U.S. citizens (dual U.S. citizens also eligible)
- At least 18 years of age
- Willing to move to the Washington, DC area
- Able to complete security and medical evaluations
- Registered for the Selective Service
About the Job
As a Data Scientist for CIA, you will organize and interpret data to inform U.S. decision-makers, drive successful operations, and shape CIA technology and resource investments. Through CIA’s global mission, the Agency has access to unique and highly specialized data sets. You will work with advanced hardware, software, and techniques to develop computational algorithms and statistical methods that find patterns and relationships in large volumes of data and use AI techniques to include deep learning and machine learning. You will also create scalable, high performance, and repeatable computational solutions which realize their algorithmic approaches. Data Scientists clearly communicate their conclusions to a diverse audience and become experts through Agency-sponsored continuing education, attendance at academic, and technical conferences as well as collaboration with the Intelligence Community.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a quantitative science, engineering, or social sciences field.
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale
- Experience in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) related field, such as:
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Geospatial Analysis
- Operations Research
- Quantitative Finance
- Experience with real world data through thesis research, internships, or work experience
- Leadership abilities
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Advanced degree in a data science equivalent field or sub-field
- Experience working with data rich problems through research or programs
- Experience with computer programming or user experience/user interface
- Ability to successfully complete projects with large or incomplete data and provide solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with applying AI techniques to real world data through thesis research, internships, or work experience
- Good fundamental understanding of a range of AI techniques and ability to match techniques to problems