- Full time
- Starting salary: $59,824 - $176,300
- Bachelor’s degree
- Foreign language bonus eligible
There are currently no openings for this position. Please check back periodically as our hiring needs change.
About the Job
As an Editor/Publications Officer for the CIA, you will perform a variety of tasks related to producing and publishing these products, including creating, editing, and processing text and graphics for hardcopy and electronic publication. As part of your duties, you will plan and manage assigned projects and work with customers to define project scope and requirements to clarify customer expectations. Additionally, you will work within production schedules and coordinate with all parties involved (e.g., authors, graphic designers, cartographers, and interactive designers). You will produce, deliver, and archive finished intelligence publications.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following with emphasis on statistical analysis:
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale is preferred, but exceptions are made for extenuating circumstances
- Strong editorial and grammar skills
- Knowledge of publishing principles and basics of publication design
- Knowledge of production methodology for publishing products in hardcopy or electronic formats
- Familiarity with web content management
- Ability to use creative problem-solving and analytical thinking skills to develop effective solutions for publishing problems
- Ability to research, analyze, and integrate substantive data related to subject matter into an appropriately designed product
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Flexibility in dealing with rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Knowledge of Adobe creative tools
What You’ll Need to Apply
The following items must be attached to your online application (PDF format preferred):
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.
- Two (2) different writing samples, two to three pages (2-3) each, single space. Please provide one sample that demonstrates your copyediting skills (attach a Word doc that includes your mark-up and comments, or mark-up a hardcopy and send us the image in a PDF file). Submit one technical or analytical writing sample. You may excerpt longer papers.