Browse CIA Jobs
Education and Training Specialist
- Full time
- Starting salary: $72,839 - $117,516
- Bachelor’s degree
The Central Intelligence Agency's online application system will be unavailable from 5PM EST July 8th through 7 AM EST August 2nd for maintenance and system enhancements. During this time, you will be able to browse for jobs and collect the documents required for your application (e.g., transcripts, writing samples, etc.). You will not be able to add jobs to your cart or complete the application process. We apologize for the inconvenience, but look forward to receiving your application when the site becomes available on August 2nd.
About the Job
As an Education and Training Specialist, you will develop and deliver curricula using online, face-to-face, and blended learning environments and will create products for course management systems. You will apply data analytics, knowledge-management skills, and consultation experience to improve learning programs and Agency officer’s performance and development. You will work alongside seasoned intelligence professionals with depth of knowledge in a range of topics, including specific geographic regions, proliferation, and terrorism. Your work will improve the knowledge and skills of intelligence officers to carry out extraordinary tasks in service to our nation.
Education and Training Specialists identify client needs, create assessment instruments, and design, develop, and deliver appropriate learning solutions. You will collaborate with multimedia developers, instructional technologists, instructional designers, and video production experts to translate learning requirements into effective computer-mediated, blended, and classroom-based programs. You will represent the capabilities of your learning team in client briefings and seek opportunities to build strong client relationships. You may also serve as a Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative (COTR) responsible for a range of contracting activities in coordination with the contracting officer.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following with emphasis on statistical analysis:
- Education Technology
- Education related degrees, such as adult learning and education, organizational development and psychology, and Human Resource development
- Instructional Design
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale
- Knowledge of the latest trends in education and how technology enables learning
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to experiment with new learning techniques and technologies and to seize new opportunities for enhancing learning
- Ability to prioritize and apply basic program management skills
- Ability to work independently and interdependently
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Experience in rapid prototyping, iterative design, or in other practices that streamline development processes
- Two (2) years’ professional work experience in adult education in the classroom, online, and blended environments
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.