Browse CIA Jobs
Finance Resource Officer
About the Job
As a Finance Resource Officer, you will provide the full range of financial services to officers and offices across the Agency and Intelligence Community, including: financial calculations based on regulations and unique operational activities; financial analysis of programs and budgets; use of accounting methodologies under both General Services Administration (GSA) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); and a myriad of other job functions that relate to bill payments, contract payments, and the monitoring and managing of cash flow. You will be directly linked to customers, helping to resolve both routine and complex financial processes – delivering innovative and agile solutions in support of CIA’s global mission.
The majority of your career will be based in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, with the first 4-6 years focused on providing you with basic Agency and government-unique knowledge, skills, and abilities in order to perform in a range of developmental positions. Some examples of entry-level offices that you may serve in are: Accounts and Liaison, Central Travel Services, Budget and Execution offices, Compensation Group, Contract Audit, and Payment. For those interested in travel, you will have the opportunity to compete for global positions after successfully completing your initial developmental program.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Business Administration
- Business Management
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale preferred
- A minimum of two accounting courses (6 semester credit hours) with a “B” or better
- Demonstrated Excellent:
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service
- Analytic and problem-solving abilities
- Team and independent work ethic
- Documented good credit history
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Experience in the following functional disciplines:
- Financial analysis
- Graduate degree in Business or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant license
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- A cover letter specifying your qualifications. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.