Graduate Studies Program-Support Integration Officer (Deployed Support Officer)
About the Job
As a Support Integration Officer (SIO) Graduate Intern for CIA, you will have the opportunity to learn about the business side of intelligence. SIOs drive global interconnected support to mission through collaboration, creativity, and expertise. You will have an opportunity to help resolve tactical support issues and apply or create new processes and procedures to fit office-specific business requirements.
SIOs succeed in their work by providing innovative solutions and building cooperative alliances between mission partners to address increasingly rapid changes in organization priorities, resources, or work processes.
Two 90-day tours are preferred; however, one 90-day tour is the minimum requirement.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
The CIA offers various benefits to students, including:
- Paid time off
- Federal health and life insurance
- Education and training
- Health services
- Child care center
- Credit union
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Bachelor’s degree in a variety of business fields or related studies:
- Business Administration
- Public Administration
- Enrolled in a graduate program of study as a full-time student (those entering graduate school will be required to produce an acceptance letter prior to onboarding)
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale is preferred, but exceptions are made for extenuating circumstances
- Two 90-day tours are preferred; however, one 90-day tour is the minimum requirement
- Experience in the following functional disciplines:
- Business administration
- International studies
- Customer service
- Contract management
- Resource management
- Performance measurement
- Process improvement
- Intelligence operations
- A valid driver’s license
- Successful SIOs must demonstrate:
- Planning and organizational skills
- Customer service skills
- Knowledge of administrative disciplines
- Verbal and written communications skills
- Sound judgement and decision-making capabilities
- Interpersonal effectiveness and leadership skills
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- A cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.