Browse CIA Jobs
- Full time
- Starting salary: $58,070 - $159,286
- Bachelor’s degree
- Foreign language bonus eligible
The Central Intelligence Agency's online application system will be unavailable from 5PM EST July 8th through 7 AM EST August 2nd for maintenance and system enhancements. During this time, you will be able to browse for jobs and collect the documents required for your application (e.g., transcripts, writing samples, etc.). You will not be able to add jobs to your cart or complete the application process. We apologize for the inconvenience, but look forward to receiving your application when the site becomes available on August 2nd.
About the Job
As a Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for conceptualizing, designing, and producing visual solutions for a wide variety of formats and dissemination outputs.
You will work as part of an interdisciplinary team managing multiple design projects under minimal supervision. You will work with customers to define project requirements and provide advice on best processes and procedures for optimal visual presentation. CIA visual products are designed for conveyance via mobile devices, web, and print. Graphic Designers are responsible for a wide-range of routine-to-complex projects such as: charts and graphs, flow diagrams, infographics, presentation visuals, illustrations, publication design, cover designs, brochures, posters, and logos.
Opportunities exist to participate in internal training as well as external workshops and conferences, and you will be expected to develop and maintain your skills commensurate with industry-wide best practices.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields, or a related area of study:
- Fine Arts with strong emphasis in graphic design
- Graphic Design
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale is preferred, but exceptions are made for extenuating circumstances
- Ability to shape and lead solutions to data visualization in an increasingly complex and changing technological environment
- Experience with the Adobe create suite of tools, such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Strong creative portfolio demonstrating good use of typography, grid-based design, white space, and color theory
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to work and interface with customers, coworkers, and management
- Knowledge of production tools and methodology and a strong technical aptitude to quickly learn new software and hardware
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Strong focus on continuous learning
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Portfolio of five (5) or more graphic design samples (url link to a non-account based or password-protected website is preferred, PDF files are also accepted)
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.