Browse CIA Jobs
Human Resources Analyst
- Full time
- Starting salary: $70,150 - $127,885*
- *Higher starting salary possible depending on experience level
- Bachelor’s degree
The Central Intelligence Agency's online application system will be unavailable from 5PM EST July 8th through 7 AM EST August 2nd for maintenance and system enhancements. During this time, you will be able to browse for jobs and collect the documents required for your application (e.g., transcripts, writing samples, etc.). You will not be able to add jobs to your cart or complete the application process. We apologize for the inconvenience, but look forward to receiving your application when the site becomes available on August 2nd.
About the Job
As a Human Resources (HR) Analyst CIA, you’ll contribute to the Agency mission at every level by providing workforce metrics, reports, and analysis to broaden senior leadership and management’s understanding of the workforce and inform their decision-making. Analysts go beyond structuring data and descriptive reporting to produce highly analytic, actionable assessments, and apply data visualization methodologies and software. You will also play a critical role in strengthening HR’s strategic business partnerships by collaborating with customers and serving as workforce analytics and strategy experts.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields or related studies with emphasis on statistical analysis:
- Business Administration
- Human Resources
- Behavioral Data Science
- Computer Science
- Social Science
- Physical Science or relevant field
- Experience working with HR data and analytics
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to apply information maintained in HR systems to address organizational issues and questions
- Ability to analyze workforce data and identify relationships between and among datasets and draw conclusions about the data
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Ability to develop and deliver briefings on complex or sensitive issues to managerial level audiences
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including the ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet business deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and on teams
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Human Resources processes and data
- Data analysis, research methods and ability to prepare analytic reports
- Project management
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Data visualization
- Interpreting, presenting and explaining data
- Working with large data sets and analyzing data from various sources
- Familiarity with analytic tools and languages such as: SPSS, Tableau or other relational databases, Cognos, SQL, Python, R and Excel
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.