All applicants must be:
- U.S. citizens (dual U.S. citizens also eligible)
- At least 18 years of age
- Willing to move to the Washington, DC area
- Able to complete security and medical evaluations
- Registered for the Selective Service
About the Job
As an Inspector General IT Auditor detailed to the NRO, your responsibilities will include developing and writing audit guides; developing and documenting audit findings in accordance with accepted government auditing standards; and developing audit conclusions and recommendations designed to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of NRO operations. Additional duties include planning audits; assessing risk; testing controls; collecting information; analyzing data; examining and evaluating documents; managing resources; and identifying issues. Using your knowledge of the development, security, and internal controls of IT systems and applications particularly as they relate to auditable financial statements and mission support activities; the acquisition of IT systems; the use of IT in intelligence operations; and the practices for security management, you will analyze programs and activities while recommending appropriate action. This position requires interaction with senior NRO and contractor officials; therefore, clear and concise communication is imperative.
You will conduct various types of audits (e.g., performance, attestation, financial), and perform special reviews of programs and activities within the NRO. You will also provide oversight of an Independent Public Accountant (IPA) and support other Office of the Inspector General (OIG) functions as required. Some travel may be required.
CIA hires Inspector General Financial Auditors at various career progression levels, from entry to senior level positions, and provides a training and development program specifically geared toward growth and advancement in the field of audits. You will be afforded the opportunity for growth beyond a particular area of expertise and the opportunity to gain a better understanding of the intricacies of NRO management. Auditors hired at the expert level will support additional corporate level Inspector General’s initiatives, including performing as the Auditor-In-Charge (AIC).
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- IT Business management fields
- Relevant IT experience or certifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the development, security, and internal controls of IT systems and applications
- Ability to apply Government Auditing Standards
- Ability to assess and analyze complex issues
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Ability to be self-motivated with strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Attention to administrative detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the Information Technology Auditing and Controls
- Any of the following certification:
- CISA Certification (Certified Information Systems Auditor)
- Certified Fraud Examiners
- Security +
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)