Browse CIA Jobs
Inspector General IT Auditor
- Full time
- Starting salary: $65,330 - $134,798
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree
- Applicants with degrees in a STEM field may be eligible for special pay
The Central Intelligence Agency's online application system will be unavailable from 5PM EST July 8th through 7 AM EST August 2nd for maintenance and system enhancements. During this time, you will be able to browse for jobs and collect the documents required for your application (e.g., transcripts, writing samples, etc.). You will not be able to add jobs to your cart or complete the application process. We apologize for the inconvenience, but look forward to receiving your application when the site becomes available on August 2nd.
About the Job
As an Inspector General IT Auditor for the CIA, you will conduct Information Technology (IT) audits of CIA programs and activities.
IT Auditor responsibilities include performing IT audits of the development, security, and internal controls of IT systems and applications particularly as they relate to auditable financial statements and mission support activities; the acquisition of IT systems; the use of IT in intelligence operations; and the practices for security management. Audits are conducted in accordance with generally accepted government auditing standards. Travel may be required.
Working in the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) allows for growth beyond a particular area of expertise and the opportunity to gain a better understanding of the intricacies of CIA management.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in one of the following:
- Information Technology (with some Accounting and/or Finance course work)
- Business Management
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale
- Strong analytic and research skills
- Demonstrated Excellent:
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to assemble and assimilate large quantities for data, discern key issues, and draw reliable conclusions
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- CISA Certification (Certified Information System Auditor)
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- A cover letter specifying your qualifications. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.