Browse CIA Jobs
- Full time
- Starting salary: $58,070 - $159,286
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree
- Foreign language bonus eligible
The Central Intelligence Agency's online application system will be unavailable from 5PM EST July 8th through 7 AM EST August 2nd for maintenance and system enhancements. During this time, you will be able to browse for jobs and collect the documents required for your application (e.g., transcripts, writing samples, etc.). You will not be able to add jobs to your cart or complete the application process. We apologize for the inconvenience, but look forward to receiving your application when the site becomes available on August 2nd.
About the Job
As a Military Analyst at CIA, you’ll provide U.S. policymakers with analysis of foreign military forces, their structure, capabilities, doctrine, and tactics. Analysts frequently provide briefings and written analysis to senior military leaders. You’ll work closely with other CIA analysts and Intelligence Community members to produce timely and accurate all-source analysis.
Opportunities exist for foreign and domestic travel, language training, analytic and management training and assignments to other offices in the Agency and throughout the US Government.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in one of the following fields:
- International Relations
- Political Science
- War Studies
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale preferred
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Interest in international affairs
- Awareness of U.S. national security interests
- Foreign language capability
- Strong verbal presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, concise text
- Research experience in international affairs
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Interest in a career that requires regular writing assignments
- Previous military experience as a Military Analyst or Foreign Area Specialist/Officer (FAO)
- Experience in order of battle – database development
- Interest in military history
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- A cover letter specifying your qualifications for one or more analytic positions. Please address why you want to work as an analyst and what differentiates you from other applicants.
- Two (2) different writing samples, three to five pages (3-5) each, single-spaced PDF. Submit papers that showcase your writing style, research abilities and critical thinking skills. Subject matter should focus on your current areas of expertise that relate to your interest in positions at the CIA. You can excerpt longer papers.