Motor Vehicle Operator
About the Job
As Motor Vehicle Operator, you will be responsible for transporting passengers by car, van, shuttle, or charter bus to government and commercial buildings and agencies throughout the Washington, DC metropolitan area. You also will operate private Agency bus charters beyond the metropolitan as needed and perform administrative functions that include answering telephones, preparing accident and/or incident reports, and completing accurate arrival and departure time logs.
The Transportation Services Center (TSC) is a mission-critical office and all drivers are required to be flexible with their hours to meet mission requirements. The TSC’s hours of operation are 0500-1900 and drivers must be willing to work within those hours. Work schedules and assignments are rotational and require cross-training in the operation of all vehicle types.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 21 years of age or older
- Possession of, or in the process of obtaining, a valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with passenger “P” endorsements issued through the Department of Motor Vehicles of the Motor Vehicle Operator’s state of legal residence
- Two (2) years of commercial driving experience
- Ability to pass and maintain Department of Transportation medical physical for CDL holders
- Possession of a safe driving record. Professional drivers must meet the following criteria before operating Agency controlled vehicles:
- Negative point accumulation is not to exceed minus four (-4) points
- Zero (0) driving suspensions or revocations
- Zero (0) incidents of serious motor vehicle violations, including but not limited to driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs; reckless driving; leaving the scene of an accident; or a series of convictions that reflect a pattern of unsafe behavior
- Has not been assigned to any alcohol safety action program or driver alcohol rehabilitation program
- Has not been assigned to any driver improvement programs
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Previous chauffeur experience, specifically within the Intelligence Community
- Previous charter bus driving experience
- Training and certification to drive and assist disabled passengers being transported in specially equipped vehicles
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.