Browse CIA Jobs
Multi-Discipline Acquisition Officer-Property Specialist
About the Job
As a Multi-Discipline Acquisition Officer-Property Specialist for the CIA, you will have full responsibility for the oversight, monitoring and administration of government property located at a diverse array of contractor facilities supporting acquisitions issued by the CIA. Multi-Discipline Acquisition Officer-Property Specialists serve as: embedded property specialists, providing guidance and advice on property related matters during contract award and throughout the period of performance; as the plant clearance officer during disposition of property; and as the Property Administrator conducting oversight and audit of the vendors having contracts with government property.
Multi-Discipline Acquisition Officer-Property Specialists will oversee the lifecycle process of government property on fixed price and cost type contracts increasing in complexity and risk of loss. You will work closely with the Contracting Officer and Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative on disposition of government property throughout the contract period of performance and at contract completion. Additionally, you will conduct, or assist with, the analysis/audits of contractors ensuring compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and contract requirements for proper management and administration of government property from the point of acquisition to disposition.
The majority of your career will be based in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, though some domestic travel to contractor facilities is required (estimated at four to six weeks per year) to conduct on-site functions and attend required contractor meetings.
This position may require a 5-year Contract Term Agreement.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Two years or more relevant property administration experience
- Experience conducting a wide range of government property related activities, including:
- Conducting audits of property management systems
- Assisting with investigations of loss or damages to government property
- Monitoring and evaluating contractor property control systems
- Exceptional organization and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Attention to administrative detail
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- 24 semester hours of undergraduate work in business related courses
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) guidelines and US Government contracting
- At least one of the following certifications in Industrial Property Management:
- Certified Professional Property Management (CPPS; CPPA;CPPM)
- Defense Acquisitions Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) certification
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.