Browse CIA Jobs
Multi-Discipline Security Officer
- Full time
- Starting salary: $55,712 - $113,362
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree; no preferred major or program of study
There are currently no openings for this position. Please check back periodically as our hiring needs change.
About the Job
As a Multi-Discipline Security Officer at CIA, you will collect and analyze information about risks to CIA people, facilities, information, and operations. You will provide security advice and guidance to mission customers to protect intelligence programs, sources, and methods. Officers have the opportunity to develop and hone your analytic and communication skills across all security disciplines in order to protect the CIA and our nation.
Multi-Discipline Security Officers learn the business of security through a system of training and developmental assignments that will expose you to a wide variety of security disciplines, including personnel (e.g. background investigations, security adjudications), physical and technical (e.g. risk assessments of facilities), cyber (e.g. cyber defense), and protective security (e.g. executive and VIP protection), and skills in program management and acquisitions security. Throughout your career, you may also be involved with the collection, analysis, and reporting of security or counterintelligence related information; resource management; security policy; and working with other Intelligence Community and U.S. Government partners. Both classroom and on-the-job training is provided, most of which is in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. You must also be willing to take training in firearms, defensive tactics, and driving, and CPR.
Assignment to a particular job occurs every two to four years through a competitive open vacancy process. You have the opportunity to develop your career in a way that best meets your needs and desires by applying to the jobs that interest you; however, you must also be willing to accept positions and develop skills to meet the mission needs of CIA.
Starting positions are located in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, but opportunities to serve elsewhere in the United States and overseas exist as your career and abilities develop.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree; there is no preferred major or program of study
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale preferred, but exceptions may be made for extenuating circumstances
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytic skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High levels of trustworthiness, integrity and loyalty to the United States
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Professional certifications in physical security, personnel security, cyber protection, or acquisition disciplines
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Copies of any professional certifications
- A cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.