Browse CIA Jobs
Physical and Technical Security Officer
About the Job
As a Physical and Technical Security Officer, you will protect the CIA from terrorism and hostile foreign services by analyzing risks, securely constructing facilities, renovating facilities, accrediting secure work environments, and engineering, installing, integrating, and maintaining specialized security systems. You will have the opportunity to make a career out of working with the most secure security systems in the world while traveling to some of the most exotic places on the globe.
Regular domestic and overseas travel is required.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Associate degree in one of the following fields:
- Information Technology
- Or, relevant verifiable work experience
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Installation, maintenance, and/or administration of IT systems
- Programming (C, C++, Internet, Windows 3.X/95/NT applications development, interrupt processing/service routines, device drivers, RS-232 communication applications, Python, scripting, CISCO, Linux/Unix, Networking
- Voice/data communications (satellite, RF, wireless, and telecommunications networks)
- Anti-terrorism Force Protection
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering experience
- Technical Security Countermeasures (TSCM)
- TEMPEST experience (CTTA, CTP 1, CTP 2)
- Installing and/or integrating security equipment to include:
- Intrusion detection systems
- Access control systems
- CCTV systems
- Vehicle barriers
- High-security locking hardware
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Copies of any professional certifications
- A cover letter specifying your qualifications for one or more analytic positions. Please address why you want to work as an analyst and what differentiates you from other applicants.