Browse CIA Jobs
Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner
- Full time
- Starting salary: $110,603 - $134,708
- 25% Hiring Bonus
- Master's degree
- Foreign travel is required
The Central Intelligence Agency's online application system will be unavailable from 5PM EST July 8th through 7 AM EST August 2nd for maintenance and system enhancements. During this time, you will be able to browse for jobs and collect the documents required for your application (e.g., transcripts, writing samples, etc.). You will not be able to add jobs to your cart or complete the application process. We apologize for the inconvenience, but look forward to receiving your application when the site becomes available on August 2nd.
About the Job
25% hiring bonus.
As a Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner for CIA, you will work with highly motivated individuals to deliver medical and traumatic care within austere environments. You may also perform the following duties:
- Establish and operate remote independent duty clinics
- Treat illness, injuries, and medical emergencies to include trauma stabilization
- Conduct physical examinations and interpretation of diagnostic testing
- Provide didactic and practical instruction in various levels of medical care to include survival skills, field medicine, and tactical combat casualty care
- Participate in medical planning
- Perform logistical and administrative functions
You will be required to carry medical equipment from one location to another on foot within austere foreign environments and may work with host-country personnel, often as the sole provider. You should be comfortable operating independently with a minimal amount of key medical supplies and without direct physician oversight.
While the initial assignment is located in the Washington, DC area, candidates will become part of a deploying team which may require six (6) months or more of the year serving abroad to various locations for the beginning of their career. All candidates will be required to serve a one-year singleton deployment at some point but can also choose to relocate with immediate family to an assorted choice of locations abroad to serve in a more clinical setting.
As part of our team you will receive excellent benefits and a variety of medical and non-medical training will be provided. Sign on incentives and moving expenses are reimbursed.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Master’s degree from an AAPA-approved program and/or NP program
- Current NCCPA certification for PAs or licensure for NPs
- Minimum of five (5) years of full-time equivalent experience in emergency medicine, internal medicine, or primary care
- Comfortable working in a diverse/multicultural environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Experience living overseas or extensive travel with various cultures as an adult
- Military background
- Strong interest in international affairs
- Foreign language proficiency
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Copy of certifications/licenses
- At least one professional reference with full name and contact information