Browse CIA Jobs
Support Integration Officer (Deployed Support Officer)
- Full time
- Starting salary: $65,330 - $86,085
- Bachelor's degree
The Central Intelligence Agency's online application system will be unavailable from 5PM EST July 8th through 7 AM EST August 2nd for maintenance and system enhancements. During this time, you will be able to browse for jobs and collect the documents required for your application (e.g., transcripts, writing samples, etc.). You will not be able to add jobs to your cart or complete the application process. We apologize for the inconvenience, but look forward to receiving your application when the site becomes available on August 2nd.
About the Job
As a Support Integration Officer (Deployed Support Officer) (SIO) for CIA, you will be responsible for providing multidisciplinary support to the U.S. intelligence mission worldwide. You will resolve tactical issues, apply, or create new processes and procedures to fit location-specific requirements, and provide direct and indirect operational support in the following disciplines:
- Finance and Budget
- Human Resources
- Project Management
For SIOs, the capacity and commitment to serve globally is essential. You will typically spend your first year of employment in the Washington, DC metro area, followed by a directed two-year tour in the foreign field. During the first year, you will participate in developmental assignments and attend a full-time, 14-week support certification training program. Pending successful completion of the certification program, your first tour will be overseas, and it may be in a hardship location. Your assignment will be based on the needs of the mission and the skills and abilities you demonstrate during the training program. After your first overseas tour, you will be encouraged to engage in a balanced career of both foreign field and domestic assignments.
SIOs succeed in their work by providing innovative solutions and building cooperative alliances between mission partners to address increasingly rapid changes in organization priorities, resources, or work processes.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Business Administration
- Public Administration
- Experience in the following functional disciplines:
- Business administration
- International studies
- Customer service
- Contract management
- Resource management
- Performance measurement
- Process improvement
- Intelligence operations
- A valid driver’s license
- Successful SIOs must demonstrate:
- Planning and organizational skills
- Customer service skills
- Knowledge of administrative disciplines
- Verbal and written communications skills
- Sound judgment and decision-making capabilities
- Interpersonal effectiveness and leadership skills
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Graduate degree
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale is preferred, but exceptions are made for extenuating circumstances
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.