Browse CIA Jobs
Technical Operations Officer
About the Job
As a Technical Operations Officer for CIA, you will apply creative solutions to complex and often difficult technical and operational problems. Technical Operations Officers provide high-quality, timely, and professional services and technical support in a wide range of areas: analog, digital, and satellite communications; video and image enhancement; coding and decoding devices; and various aspects of computer technology.
Using specialized equipment, you will train others in equipment use, satisfy field operations requirements, prepare reports, familiarize non-technical people with technical capabilities, and conduct hands-on work while traveling worldwide. As a member of a multi-discipline team, you will utilize your creative problem-solving skills to find unconventional technical solutions to challenging on-going operational requirements in non-traditional environments. You may also find yourself in a work element where you are required to draw upon your skills in design and fabrication on a daily basis.
Opportunities may exist for foreign travel, technical and management training, and assignments in other offices within the CIA.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Computer Science
- Engineering disciplines (Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, Aerospace, Nuclear etc.)
- Material Science
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Additive manufacturing/Rapid Prototyping
- Analog design and circuits
- Battery and power technology
- CAD/CADD drafting and design technology
- Digital Signal Processing design and programming
- Electromagnetic fields, antennas, and propagation
- Fabrication skills in a Prototype Environment Project/program management
- Fiber optics and cable communications
- Graphic design and visual communication
- Industrial design and fabrication
- Network security & engineering
- Programming (C, C++, Internet, Windows 3.X/95/NT applications development, interrupt processing/service routines, device drivers, RS-232 communication applications)
- Project/program management
- Signal processing and analysis
- Systems Architecting
- Systems Engineering
- Prototype design and fabrication
- Audio design and circuits
- Voice/data communications (satellite, RF, wireless, and telecommunications networks)
- Self-starter attitude with initiative
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work independently and in a group
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Advanced degree
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for any school attended in the past three years
- A cover letter (one page) in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.