Browse CIA Jobs
Technical Targeting Analyst
About the Job
As a Technical Targeting Analyst at CIA, you will enable the Agency to collect intelligence against our nation’s highest priority threats in a global environment that is often hostile, fast paced, and technologically savvy. Technical Targeting Analysts unite technical operations and technical development activities to maximize our collection advantage.
Using your research and critical thinking skills, as well as your writing and briefing abilities on both current and longer-term intelligence studies, you will inform senior officials, steer intelligence operations, and exploit key data. Being able to identify and assess the right entities, vulnerabilities, and technology trends to enable new collection operations that answer critical intelligence issues is vital to this work. This requires strong analytic, research, and investigative skills combined with an ops sense, personal initiative, and some technical expertise.
Opportunities may exist for foreign travel, technical and management training, and assignments in other offices within the CIA. Advanced training will be provided in telecommunications systems and capabilities and analytical tools and methodologies.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Computer Science
- Cultural Anthropology
- Engineering disciplines (Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, Aerospace, Nuclear etc.)
- Geospatial Modeling
- Material Science
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Data Analytics
- Econometrics, Mathematical, or Geospatial Modeling
- Gaming and Modeling
- Internet/Web technology
- Mathematical Analysis
- Network Security & Engineering
- Signal processing and Analysis
- Social Network Analysis
- Statistical Operations Research
- Survey Research, Design, and Analysis
- Telecommunications Networks/Voice Data Communications
- Self-starter attitude with initiative
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong analytic and research skills
- Ability to work independently and in a group
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Advanced degree
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for any school attended in the past three years
- A cover letter (one page) in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.