Browse CIA Jobs
Telecommunications Services Officer
About the Job
This position was formerly known as Field IT Systems Administrator.
As a Telecommunications Services Officer for CIA, you will act as the on-site point of accountability for Information Technology (IT) in CIA communications centers overseas. You will operate, maintain, install and manage complex LAN and WAN platforms and provide associated IT close support to a diverse and sophisticated customer base charged with advancing national security objectives overseas. Telecommunications Services Officers are also responsible for conventional and tactical voice communication systems, RF communication capabilities (including satellite), and will play a supporting role in the operation and maintenance of emergency power generators and heating/air conditioning systems (HVAC).
The capacity and commitment to serve globally is essential. Telecommunications Services Officers typically spend 60-70% of their career abroad on foreign assignments approximately one to three years in duration and are regularly required to work domestically and abroad in temporary capacities as the mission dictates. Some assignments may be in difficult, harsh and challenging environments. CIA offers benefits and allowances for travel that positively impact overall compensation.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a STEM discipline to include:
- Electronics and Communications Engineering Technology
- Computer Network Systems
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Or, equivalent relevant civilian or military work experience (minimum of four years documented experience) in the management and/or delivery of IT services in an enterprise environment
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to climb ladders, stoop, bend and reach for extended periods of time
- On occasions, the ability to lift heavy materials with assistance
- Ability to work independently and closely with other professionals
- Dynamic and flexible professional approach
- Strong desire to learn
- Accountability for actions
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Ability to apply project management and systems engineering principles to initiate, plan, execute, control, and close out the work of a team to meet mission goals.
- Desired certifications include:
- Microsoft Certified Professional
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.