Browse CIA Jobs
- Full time
- Starting salary: $61,859 - $64,572 ($29.64 - $30.94 per hour)
- High School Diploma or GED
There are currently no openings for this position. Please check back periodically as our hiring needs change.
About the Job
As a Truck Driver for the CIA you will be responsible for loading, unloading and transport of materials, to include hazardous materials. Using established procedures for securing and tarping flatbed trailer loads, you will operate on road types ranging from interstate highways to undeveloped, unpaved roads, and drive in a range of environments. You will be required to work in a warehouse, operate forklifts and other material handling equipment, and be capable of lifting material weighing 70 pounds.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- High School diploma or GED
- 21 years of age or older
- Experience operating a forklift
- Two years of Class A commercial truck driving experience (CDL), including long-haul driving experience
- Possess a Class A driver’s license, with endorsements (hazardous material; pulling double/triple trailers)
- Ability to pass and maintain Department of Transportation medical physical for CDL holders
- Possession of a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) safe driving record and meet the following criteria before operating Agency controlled vehicles:
- Zero (0) Negative point accumulation on DMV driving record
- Zero (0) incidents of serious motor vehicle violation, including, but not limited, to driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs; reckless driving; leaving the scene of an accident, or a series of convictions that reflect a pattern of unsafe behavior
- Has not been assigned to any alcohol safety action program or driver alcohol rehabilitation program
- Has not been assigned to any driver improvement programs
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Flexibility in work hours
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong Customer Service Skills
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.