Undergraduate Internship/Co-op Program-Facilities Support Project Manager
About the Job
As a Facilities Support Project Manager Undergraduate Intern for CIA, you will work in partnership with internal Agency customers to provide tailored products and services to satisfy their dynamic needs for facilities services at competitive prices. You will be part of a team responsible for creating safe, secure, and functional work environments to support the Agency’s global intelligence mission.
Under close guidance and supervision, you will participate in and coordinate the activities of well-defined facilities projects throughout the life of a project, including project planning, project implementation, development of risk mitigation strategies, and quality assurance through testing and validation activities. Based on assignment, you may lead team members and contractors to achieve project objectives and customer requirements or, with guidance, participate in the management of building support services and property management issues for small to medium size Agency facilities. Students may also participate in procurement activities in coordination with the assigned contracting officer and are expected to perform general administrative duties. You will also be expected to maintain current project management job knowledge and obtain appropriate certifications.
The Undergraduate Internship/Co-op Program allows you and the Agency to assess opportunities for permanent employment following your completion of undergraduate school.
Two 90-day tours are preferred; however, one 90-day tour is the minimum requirement
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
The CIA offers various benefits to students, including:
- Paid time off
- Federal health and life insurance
- Education and training
- Health services
- Child care center
- Credit union
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Full-time student pursuing an undergraduate degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Construction or Facilities Management
- Hotel/Restaurant Management
- Food Science
- Completion of the first two (2) years of undergraduate degree in one of the fields listed above
- Attending school on a full-time basis before/following this internship
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytic skills
- Two 90-day tours are preferred; however, one 90-day tour is the minimum requirement
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Prior internship experience, preferably in your field of study
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- A cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.