Undergraduate Internship/Co-op Program-Logistics Officer
About the Job
As a Logistics Officer Undergraduate Intern for CIA, you will work with an accomplished, diverse team providing a full range of logistical and supply chain management support across the country and overseas. The work includes managing and executing procurement, shipping, and receiving processes required to support the mission. As part of a team, you will implement these logistics processes by leveraging existing networks and expanding others, anticipating mission needs and requirements and offering alternatives and advice, and evaluating, redesigning, and implementing logistics processes for mission support. You will also participate in process reviews, staff meetings, and other activities to increase your understanding of the issues and challenges facing a logistics service provider at the Agency.
Interns generally are required to work at least one 90-day summer internship. Co-op students work on an alternating semester or quarterly basis and are expected to spend a minimum of three semesters or four quarters (this can include a summer tour) on the job prior to graduation.
The Undergraduate Internship/Co-op Program allows you and the Agency to assess opportunities for permanent employment following your completion of undergraduate school.
Two 90-day tours are preferred; however, one 90-day tour is the minimum requirement
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
The CIA offers various benefits to students, including:
- Paid time off
- Federal health and life insurance
- Education and training
- Health services
- Child care center
- Credit union
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Full-time student pursuing an undergraduate degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Business Administration
- Business Management and Administration
- Logistics and Materials Management
- Transportation and Supply Chain Management
- Engineering-Industrial, Operations Management
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale
- Two 90-day tours are preferred; however, one 90-day tour is the minimum requirement
- Excellent analytic skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter able to work with minimum of supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- A cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.