Browse CIA Jobs
Undergraduate Internship Program-Accountant
- Starting salary: $46,300 - $54,558
- Full-time student pursuing an undergraduate degree
The Central Intelligence Agency's online application system will be unavailable from 5PM EST July 8th through 7 AM EST August 2nd for maintenance and system enhancements. During this time, you will be able to browse for jobs and collect the documents required for your application (e.g., transcripts, writing samples, etc.). You will not be able to add jobs to your cart or complete the application process. We apologize for the inconvenience, but look forward to receiving your application when the site becomes available on August 2nd.
About the Job
As an Accountant Undergraduate Intern for the CIA, you will utilize your accounting skills and knowledge in a variety of challenging and rewarding accounting areas such as financial statement compilation and analysis, general ledger review and analysis, cost and managerial accounting, and payroll and tax accounting. With training and mentorship, you will help the Agency achieve and sustain auditable financial statements and ensure financial transactions across a wide range of activities are accurately calculated, recorded, and tracked. You will have the opportunity to work directly with customers, becoming the link between complex transactions and financially accurate documentation.
As an intern, you will gain valuable federal accounting experience and provide financial analyses of programs and business enterprises. Working side-by-side with other Accountants you will be challenged to use your talents in the accounting arena and deliver innovative and agile solutions in support of CIA’s global mission.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
The CIA offers various benefits to students, including:
- Paid time off
- Federal health and life insurance
- Education and training
- Health services
- Child care center
- Credit union
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Full-time student pursuing an undergraduate degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Business Administration
- Business Management
- Working towards completing a minimum of 24 semester credit hours of accounting coursework
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale
- Availability to work at least one 90-day tour prior to graduation
- Attending school on a full-time basis before/following this internship
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to financial detail
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for one or more positions. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.