Browse CIA Jobs
Undergraduate Internship Program-Finance Resource Officer
About the Job
As a Finance Resource Officer Undergraduate Intern for CIA, you will work with an accomplished and diverse team, providing a full range of financial support for mission requirements. Finance Resource Officers serve as one of the most trusted and financially accountable officers within the Agency and are responsible for the analysis and processing of financial transactions to ensure the financial integrity of the Agency’s funds. With training and mentorship, you will learn to use a variety of systems and process a wide range of financial transactions. You will use your analytic skills to review reports, monitor general ledger accounts, develop financial calculations based on Agency and Federal regulations and unique operational activities, and conduct a myriad of other job functions such as bill payments, contract payments, and the monitoring of cash flow. You will be directly linked to customers, helping them solve routine and complex financial processes.
Working side-by-side with other Finance Resource Officers, you will be challenged to use your talents in the financial arena and deliver innovative and agile solutions in support of CIA’s global mission.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
The CIA offers various benefits to students, including:
- Paid time off
- Federal health and life insurance
- Education and training
- Health services
- Child care center
- Credit union
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Full-time student pursuing an undergraduate degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Business Administration
- Business Management
- Working towards completing a minimum of two accounting courses with a “B” or better
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale
- Availability to work at least one 90-day tour prior to graduation
- Attending school on a full-time basis before/following this internship
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to financial detail
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for one or more positions. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.