All applicants must be:
- U.S. citizens (dual U.S. citizens also eligible)
- At least 18 years of age
- Willing to move to the Washington, DC area
- Able to complete security and medical evaluations
- Registered for the Selective Service
About the Job
As a Support Integration Officer (SIO) Undergraduate Intern for the CIA, you will have the opportunity to learn about the business side of intelligence. SIOs drive global interconnected support to mission through collaboration, creativity and expertise. You will have an opportunity to help resolve tactical support issues and apply or create new processes and procedures to fit office-specific business requirements.
The core job functions of Support Integration Officers include:
- Implement proven business practices to streamline processes, take risks and maximize resources
- Utilize proven programmatic approaches and seek creative ways to connect people and capabilities as one team to provide effective global support
- Effectively communicate and negotiate with a variety of industrial and US government partners
- Provide financial support across the Agency and Intelligence Community
- Manage logistic processes by leveraging existing procedures and proposing alternative methods in anticipation of mission needs
- Provide advice across a range of HR functional areas to include workforce planning, staffing and selection, compensation, benefits, policy and rewards and recognition
- Serve as a security focal point, providing established guidance to office leadership on personnel incidents and protecting classified information
SIOs succeed in their work by providing innovative solutions and building cooperative alliances between mission partners to address increasingly rapid changes in organization priorities, resources, or work processes.
Strong SIO candidates will be versatile and organized leaders with exceptional customer service skills, knowledge of administrative disciplines, excellent communications skills, sound judgment and decision-making capabilities, and strong interpersonal skills.
Two 90-day tours are preferred; however, one 90-day tour is the minimum requirement
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
Our benefits support every aspect of a working professional’s life, including health and wellness, time off, family, finances, and continuing education. Our programs include highly sought-after government health benefits, flexible schedules, sick leave, and childcare. In some cases, we also offer sign-on incentives and cover moving expenses if you relocate.
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Full-time student pursuing an undergraduate degree in a 4-year academic institution with at least one semester/quarter completed at the time of MyLINK submission; business degree preferred. Please include anticipated graduation date when you submit your interest in this program through MyLINK.
- Full-time student pursuing an undergraduate degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Business Administration
- Business Management and Administration
- Logistics and Supply Chain
- Operations Management
- Public Administration
- International Studies
- Customer Service
- Contract management
- Resource management
- Performance Measurement
- Process Improvement
- Intelligence Operations
- A valid driver’s license
- GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4-point scale at the time of MyLINK submission and maintained throughout the hiring process and internship program. Please submit transcripts that document your full-time status along with GPA.
- Two 90-day tours are preferred; however, one 90-day tour is the minimum requirement
- Attending school on a full-time basis before/following this internship
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Foreign language skills and/or overseas experience
- Successful SIOs must demonstrate:
- Impeccable integrity
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytic skills
- Self-starter able to work with minimum of supervision in a fast paced environment
- Sound judgement and decision-making capabilities
- Interpersonal effectiveness and leadership skills