A view of Prague as seen from Castle Hill. The famous Charles Bridge over the Vltava (Moldau) River may be seen in the center of the image.
The bustling, pedestrian-friendly Charles Bridge as viewed from the tower on the Stare Mesto (Old Town) side of the structure. The bridge is 516 m long and almost 10 m wide and rests on 16 arches shielded by ice guards. Thirty statues of saints decorate the bridge avenue; most were originally erected between 1683 and 1714, but then replaced with replicas beginning in 1965. The originals are currently housed in the National Museum.
View of the Charles Bridge in Prague as seen from the Mala Strana (Lesser Quarter) Bridge Tower.
A riverside view of Charles Bridge in Prague showing the ice guards that protect the pillars.
A view of Hradcany, the Castle District, and St. Vitus Cathedral from across the Vltava River in Prague.
The Hradcany (Castle District) in Prague; its two most prominent features are St. Vitus Cathedral (upper right) and Prague Castle (the long white building, which is one of the largest castles in the world).
Entrance to Prague Castle on Hradczany.
A view of a section of the Old Town Square in Prague. The medieval astronomical clock on the Old Town City Hall dates to 1410. In the background is Tyn Cathedral, one of the oldest churches in Prague, whose construction began in the 14th century.
The Church of Our Lady before Tyn (also known as the Tyn Cathedral) overlooks Old Town Square in Prague.
The Gothic Powder Tower in Prague, dating to 1475, is at the site of an 11th century gate - one of the city's 13 medieval gates. Originally connected - via a small bridge - to the royal palace, it eventually lost its importance and by the 17th century was being used to store gunpowder, hence its name.
The Gothic Powder Tower in Prague, built in 1475, is at the site of an 11th century gate - one of the city's 13 original gates.
Some of the many spires that decorate old Prague.
Page 01 of 02