Graduate Studies Program-Data and Systems Management
About the Job
As a Data and Systems Management Graduate Intern for CIA, you will empower the intelligence mission by digitally managing and organizing Agency data and programs, improving the business processes, protecting Agency information, governing data and data management standards, and developing best practices and standards to optimize use of digital resources.
The possible jobs that fall under this community that you would be considered for are:
- Data Engineer
- Data Lifecycle Specialist
- Enterprise Systems IT Specialist
- Open Source Collection Specialist
- Technical Project Engineer
Two 90-day tours are preferred; however, one 90-day tour is the minimum requirement.
Who You’ll Work With
At the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), we recognize our Nation’s strength comes from the diversity of its people. People from a broad range of backgrounds and viewpoints work at CIA, and our diverse teams are the reason we can keep our country safe.
What You’ll Get
The CIA offers various benefits to students, including:
- Paid time off
- Federal health and life insurance
- Education and training
- Health services
- Child care center
- Credit union
As a CIA employee, you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing your work is part of something bigger than yourself. Our work is driven by one mission: to keep our Nation safe. Every day is an opportunity to enhance U.S. national security.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Full-time student pursuing a graduate degree in one of the following fields or related studies
- Management Information Systems
- Information Sciences/Technology
- Business Administration
- International Affairs/Relations
- Political Science
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale
- Two 90-day tours are preferred; however, one 90-day tour is the minimum requirement
- Attending school on a full-time basis before/following this internship
- Computer proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA, including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
What You’ll Need to Apply
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
- Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for one or more positions. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.