The CIA declassified hundreds of documents in 1978 detailing the Agency’s investigations into Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs). The documents date primarily from the late 1940s and 1950s.
To help navigate the vast amount of data contained in our FOIA UFO collection, we’ve decided to highlight a few documents both skeptics and believers will find interesting. Below you will find five documents we think X-Files character Agent Fox Mulder would love to use to try and persuade others of the existence of extraterrestrial activity. We also pulled five documents we think his skeptical partner, Agent Dana Scully, could use to prove there is a scientific explanation for UFO sightings.
The truth is out there; click on the links to find it.
Top 5 CIA Documents Mulder Would Love To Get His Hands On:
- Flying Saucers Reported Over East Germany, 1952 (PDF 324 KB)
- Minutes of Branch Chief’s Meeting on UFOs, 11 August 1952 (PDF 162 KB)
- Flying Saucers Reported Over Spain and North Africa, 1952 (PDF 266 KB)
- Survey of Flying Saucer Reports, 1 August 1952 (PDF 175 KB)
- Flying Saucers Reported Over Belgian Congo Uranium Mines, 1952 (PDF 262 KB)
Top 5 CIA Documents Scully Would Love To Get Her Hands On:
- Scientific Advisory Panel on Unidentified Flying Objects, 14-17 January 1953 (PDF 907 KB)
- Office Memorandum on Flying Saucers, 15 March 1949 (PDF 109 KB)
- Memorandum to the CIA Director on Flying Saucers, 2 October 1952(PDF 443 KB)
- Meeting of the OSI Advisory Group on UFOs, 21 January 1953 (PDF 194 KB)
- Memorandum for the Record on Flying Saucers, 3 December 1952(PDF 179 KB)
Do you want to believe? Then find out how to investigate a flying saucer.