The Little Chapel in Guernsey was built in 1914 using donated pieces of china, seashells, and pebbles by a monk who wanted to create a miniature version of the Shrine of Our Lady at Lourdes (France). Much of the broken china was donated by the Wedgewood and Royal Doulton companies. The chapel has room for about eight people and has been described as "probably the biggest tourist attraction in Guernsey."
Interior of The Little Chapel in Les Vauxbelets Valley in Guernsey, constructed in 1914 by a Brother Deodat using broken china, seashells, and pebbles. The Chapel is thought to be the smallest consecrated chapel in the world.
The altar of The Little Chapel in Guernsey. The Chapel is thought to be the smallest consecrated chapel in the world.
Sausmarez Manor on Guernsey has been the site of numerous dwellings dating back to the Normans. The current building was constructed during the 18th and 19th centuries.